Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mona's Challenge : Native Designs and Patterns !!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I realize that I am not fully complying to the strict rules of Mona's excellent Friday Dare but I thought I would put a few examples on native designs we have here in our home. The socks an old Innu lady knitted for me as a retirement gift. Maliseet warclub given to me by Chief Abner Paul , his Hawk Clan heads sculpted on the dangerous end and his wife's Snake Clan on handle. My Inuit - Naskapi hat.Attikamekw walking cane with deer -hoof tip , Attikamekw "écuelle " or ladle sculpted from birch knot... hollowed out... , Attikamekw birchbark basket with beaver and moose etchings , same ladle with salmon etching on side.This one's for you , Mona ! Hugs !

5 comments:

  1. That is a great collection! Everything is so well crafted. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice collection there Gerry! =o) You got some really nice patterns here and there on them things! Really like that birchbark basket! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great patterns there. Love the sock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unique patterns! You have quite a selection! Do you wear the purple hat with the colorful socks??

    ReplyDelete