Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bring Me Your Weak And Oppressed !!

Mumblings , grumblings , rampant discontent
Promises , promises embedded in cement
Slogans , banners and whoopla ad nauseam
Backbiting , backstabbing and backgammon for power
Opponents hanged , drawn and quartered
God against Allah and Old Nick
Senior knights in shiny pantsuits
Upstart knights in glinting ebony
Fires of democracy burning bright
Fed and stoked by the Almighty Buck
Corporate America licking its chops
Beholding the new brood of lackeys to corrupt
Mugwumps and media grooming ...yeah promoting
The stallions and fillies of their choice
From the log cabin to the White House
Tear down the log cabin for firewood
To heat the weak and poor
The white houses need new furnishings and carpets
And life goes on
So the powerful prevail
An the weak crawl back into oblivion whence they came
Until such time as they're needed again
And the American Dream comes full 360 once more !

11 comments:

  1. I like this! This is good!! All so true.
    I am beginning to wish I lived in my grandparents time - when things were much simpler.
    Btw I have never heard the term "Mugwumps" before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've been watching the Political Caucussesszzz or 'wetf'' they are...it seems that yet again us in the USA will end up with a prez we didnt want. Vivid words grouped together, make an excellent verse! Well DONE~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all you have to do is set it to music! (c; Fascinating art work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cindy Anne... remember the movie " Te Last Hurrah " ?.... that was back in your grandparents' time and there were just as many chizzlers and underhanded dealings as well. Mugwump is an Eastern Algonquian word from New England languages for some politically important guy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks , Dixxe , but I think Ihave been watching too much CNN !!LOL Up here political campaigning begins about three weeks to a month before elections so your system down there seems so extravagant and costly to the nation as a whole and leaves many loopholes open for contributions later on being converted into payback and favours owed to Big Business interests... maybe my perception is wrong as I see the whole shebang through the eyes of an outsider ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey , Jim... the art work is that of Fluff and I might even drag out the old guitar and do a Polecat Baez rendition .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey , Jim... if by "art work "you are referring to the pic above then it was not Fluff !! LoL... but rather the huge mosaic which ornates the vault of the Baptistry of the Duomo in Florence , Italy.... 13th century masterpiece of Coppo di Marcovaldo... Fluff is responsible for my background.... and my joie de vivre !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if I were you I'd tell Fluff to keep her cottin' picken' hands off my background!! ++LOL++ Or will the guitar and Polecat Baez be enough to scare her off?? **ROTFLMFAO**

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am weak and oppressed. What can you do for me??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Aqualady..... our special unit " Damsels in Distress " will contact you tomorrow morning re your special needs. In the meantime pray to Saint Jude !! Encouragingly yours , The Management

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunately I have to congratulate you on your words above. I wish you could write as well about a wonderful, peaceful, happy, poverty free world instead. Oh well we can all have dreams!! Have a wonderful weekend Hugs Chris :0)

    ReplyDelete