Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Name Me If You Can !!

 

Taking a break from heavy duty , grabchain blogging such as my recent one about my kith and kin of yore ... and somewhat in keeping with the spirit of Mona's excellent . I - dare - you Challenge..... and  , as always , in search of presenting something interesting to my droves of readers and fans .... I thought I would try the following........

The items in the above photos are objects from my own experience and surroundings. Do you recognize them....? Can you name them ? Have you ever seen  , touched , smelled/smelt , tasted , heard or heard of them ? 

P.S. Two of the pics are of the same item , one giving a close up whereas the other shows  it as it appears in its natural habitat. Both are edible.........However , one of the two is "eatable " for the few and reserved for the taste buds of refined connaisseurs only !!

6 comments:

  1. Not a clue but photo #2 reminds me of cloudberries. I am sure it is not, but the colouring reminds me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what that red/purple thing is but I think the berry is a cloudberry (Hjortron)? cloudberry jam is YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat anything still growing or still walking. **LOL**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mona, you are right. Cloudberries are the best. Even Martha Stewart has a recipe for cloudberry cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead of commenting on your comments I shall do a blog maybe on Thursday wherein I'll pile on "du bois sec " ( dry wood ) to the subject. I have a bit more to say about this twosome than would fit into the space allowed most normal comments. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm you got me on both accounts. Is that some sort of tobacco all crumpled up? Or maybe its an ornamental cabbage plant? Guess Ill have to wait and see on Thrusday~

    ReplyDelete