Saturday, January 16, 2010

Strictly For The Chickadees !!

 

Alcatraz had its birdman and Fort Howe has its birdwoman........ and I live with her !! ..... and obey her every wish and whim..... On New Year's Eve I went to renew my auto plates for 2010 .... and could have paid $70.00 amen.. alouette ...et au revoir.....  thereby keeping my old plates while simply adding a 2010 sticker onto both ......... OR ......... to encourage wildlife conservation...... pay $102.00 and walk away with plates adorned with pics of deer , angler's salmon or the highly endangered species of the cute wee Winter nuissance.. the chickadee .... just kidding about nuissance ! Anyways and to shorten up this blog..... I told the girl at the motor vehicule bureau to fetch out 2 chickadee plates because without them I would be persona non grata in my own home.

In my younger years supporting wildlife meant throwing a party whereas by shelling out the extra $32.00 in my twilight years I guess I'm simply promoting our official provincial bird in its plight and fight for survival.

13 comments:

  1. It's quite cute and colorful...worth the extra dough, especially if the additional funds go to conservation efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birdee points... Gerry knows where his bread is buttered

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't argue with that , Celeste... however , I would like to see some of this conservation money go towards animals that are really endangered,,, wolverine , bobcat , shad , gaspareau , and my favourite ... the undertaker bird...etc... there are more chickadees in Saint John than citizens above and below ground !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some day , Barb , I might just redeem my hard-earned points like at SEars , Zellers or the Bay .... and convert them into some sort of aid for endangered relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. or in case you need to Redeem yourself in some way or t'other.. I say that word Redeem with a genuflection ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the Plains Indians of old who prayed for the return of the buffalo.. the Maritime fishermen have been praying for years that the cod return to the Banks.... good addition , Barb !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Julie-Ann.... yes, it has a certain sex appeal which I like myself....... could be much more amusing if we could put our better half''s pic instead of the chickadee's ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. That's an adorable license plate. Our auto plates have cartoonish drawings of a cat and a dog and is basically an advertisement for people to have their pets spayed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do not have anything like that over here! Very nice plate!!

    Wish you a wonderful Sunday KRAM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy you sure do know how to make points. To heck with roses and candy!
    That being said.........that is a really cute plate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy Anne.. this old sly fox 's got brownie points to burn

    ReplyDelete