Sunday, February 3, 2008

Mona's Double Dare !!

Enkindled by our friend , Mona's Friday Dare and likewise inspired by the many CSI programmes on TV nowadays ... I wish to display my second item of glassware in evidence for your scrutiny and forensic analysis. What is this contraption ? I dare you to tell me the name that was on the box in came in !  

P.S. There is a hole in the bottom where the glass curls inwards and upwards  around the lip of the indented hole .... so as to hold maybe two inches water all around the circumference of the base. 

7 comments:

  1. This post doesn't appear on my list of recent updates..

    I know what this thing is...but I won't tell. That wouldn't be fair...but I do hope it will work well this coming Summer.

    puss & kram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it may be something for catching some sort of insect during the summer months outside. Perhaps wasps, flies or mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really neat piece of glass and I agree with tabbynera, I believe that is something that you catch bugs in! I got one of them bug-catchers and it is pretty as well. I should have showed that one in my dare...

    Thanks for sharing! KRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a glass bug catcher but I'll go along with that choice. The design is similar to bug catchers I've seen in stores. But those were ugly while this is kind of attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's mine Gerry! I like it both cause it is very useful! And for it is pretty =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As they say , "A picture is worth a thousand words !!" Hats off to Pat for making the initial right call on my quiz.... seconded by Jim and Mona.... and especially since Mona not only knew what it was but has posted a pic of her very owm bug - catcher .On the box mine was advertized as "Hammered - Glass Wasp - Catcher " We received it as a belated Christmas gift from friends only last week and Fluff is looking forward to discovering its efficacity this upcoming Summer. Bravo to all and thanks for chipping in !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of bug catchers until now. Yours is very pretty and so is Mona's. How nice.

    ReplyDelete