Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Entry for September 05, 2007 Case of Mistaken Identity ..... and More..... !


I went to the bank yesterday to pay a few bills and the place was crowded to the hilt !..... line ups at the automatic tellers too !! By the time I got to number one position in the line with roughly 15 impatient clients behind me ......one of the " flesh and blood " lady tellers at the far end of the counter , whom I knew only casually , looked up , saw me and in a loud voice asked ... " Monsieur McNulty , est - ce que vous avez un jumeau ?"... " Mister McNulty , do you have a twin brother ?" . Followed a moment of silence while I thought a bit..... and then L'il Athol blurted out , " Yes , ... his name is George........... George Clooney !". The place went in to an uproar. These fun moments only happen once in a blue moon ..... and the timing was right yesterday.
P.S. In no way do I consider myself a George Clooney look -a- like and the whole incongruity of the comparison is the stuff of which good humour is made up ! The above pic was taken in Italy when I was George's present age.......... adding a wee hooker of Tuscan " vino nero " to my daily diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment