Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Entry for May 16, 2007 Busybeavering in the Backyard !!

Puttering and prowling around the backyard this afternoon was no fun !!..... cold and blustery with snow in forecast for this evening. However , I did manage to reassure myself that circulation in the pool was working well so as to eliminate all possib ility of any surface freezing overnight when the temp will go below zero. Our big blue bathtub has been up and running for over a week already and I have been in for a quick dip almost every day with water temp roughly 52 degrees Fahrenheit or 10 Celcius....... a wee bit on the chilly side I guess. Then again each time I plop into the pool I think of all those unfortunate merchant seamen who were the unwilling victims of the icy North Atlantic waters after their ships were torpedoed during World War II......and I don't feel the cold any more. Add to this the fact that I grew up swimming in the Bay of Fundy during the first 13 years of my life and I have no merit at all.

These last three weeks I have not been very active in Yahoo360 but that does not mean that I am losing interest in my wee group of friends and readers.... Spring is upon us and there is a great deal of work to be done around the old homestead. Just changing the sand in my huge Lasar 225 pool filtre is a monumental job for one man .... and a messy one too !! And replacing aging hoses and joints to get the whole shebang to look as good as it does in above pic. I shall start visiting you all and commenting in the near future so keep the Faith until then. Fluff and I have likewise managed to pot some 150 dahlias , gladioli and calla lillies.... foxglove , morning glories , etc .... which are at different stages of growth throughout both the house and greenhouse.... with the return of the cold weather. Our big salon looks an awful lot like the Montreal Botanical Gardens. Speaking of Fluff.... I have formally forbidden that she set foot in the pool before June 1st. This should both soothe and ease her Scandinavian ego and conscience for not accompanying me in my daily dip !!

No comments:

Post a Comment