Friday, June 13, 2008

The Neighbours........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My dear friends , contacts and fellow gasguzzlers of the world. It's been some time now since I 've sat here .... pen in hand....( BG )... In some ways I feel like the guy who went down to the corner store for a pack of cigarettes and returned home some ten years later. All in all the last two months have been highly productive ...... life has been treating Fluff and myself with velvet gloves  .. so to speak. The ravages of Winter are far behind us .. not too much damage from Spring flooding ..... the pool up and running more smoothly than ever before......the numerous gardens ,flower boxes and hanging baskets all planted and blooming ............. plus two short but fun-packed trips to the Maine coast. I do believe I could take a liking to this good life !! Whilst driving a bit North of Kennebunkport , Maine exactly one month ago today we rounded a head of land and came face to face with the Bush Compound. I remember Fluff posting this pic that very night from our motelroom but I thought you might enjoy seeing who the neighbours across the wee cove or inlet are ... and what the houses look like. ..... huge estates .... and from the looks of the trash containers..... either the garbagemen are a careless lot or the local raccoons have been eating Popeye's spinach.

 

13 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you again! And I am glad life is well with you =o) It does seem this time of the year, most people are having a busy outside-life and that is the way it should be. Summer is too short - at least where I live, and I do want to enjoy as much as possible of it. I've been doing some planting, taking my bike rides and just sit out there on my patio/deck and pondering about things.

    Thanks for sharing them photos! My guess it is racoons, or could it even be a bear???

    Have a great day! KRAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a content man...thats awesome. I was just reading a friends page and she used the world French Leave...describing one's quick departure without a word...I would say yours was not exactly that but Life Happened and you followed...Great to see a post. Bush Compound eh? Looks like he should be worried about the Poles melting and the seas rising...
    ENJOY That pool...and the rest of summer, my Colorado sis got snow YESTERDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you've been having a productive two months! I knew you'd be out there with your special soil mix and all. Not much time left for blogging after that, I'm sure. :)

    You two certainly have been busy, with all of your excursions! Must be nice to travel all the time. And it looks like the rubbish men, might be related to those who do our neighborhood! Many of them like to play "bouncing barrels" also! (lol)

    Ah, what's the good of huge homes ... imagine how much cleaning needs to be done! ;)

    Keep well!

    big hugs,

    ~Raenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mona... you are soooo right about Summer being short.... and maybe right also about bears overturning the trah containers as Maine is a haven for the black bear . I bought myself a T-shirt with a bear on it from Maine and Fluff stol it from me after our return here. Take advantage of you short Summer likewise , dear Mona... hugs to you and the lad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there , Dixxe... thanks for dropping by and the good wishes in your comment. In Fench we say " filer à l'anglaise " ( take off the English way ) for " take French leave "........ each language seems to put it on the other's shoulders ! Hoping that you and your Mom are geting the most out of life and a pleasant Summer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right you are , Raenie... most of the houses in the area were huge and did not appear to have any Walton - sized family roaming the grounds.. many probably bought for show by very rich people for holding receptions near the ocean. Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. Then again I post about as often as you. We strong, silent types don't have much to say. **LOL**

    A number of our trash collectors suck so I'd say it's the trash collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Righto , Jim.... we Tall , husky John Wayne types command by our strut !! Could be George Bush Senior's Secret Service bodyguards moonlighting as trash collectors when the old pres is not in the Bunker !! Have a great Summer , Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you really say....."tall, husky John Wayne type",,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snide remarks do not become you , sir ! And to think that I bought your next year's birthday gift while we were in Maine !! Fluff even wants to remove your name from our Christmas card list !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the backup , Jim... the truth shall prevail !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anything for my twin brother! *lol*

    ReplyDelete