Monday, July 16, 2007

Entry for July 16, 2007 Coincidence and a Brush With my Past !!

About 1:30 a.m. this morning Fluff and I were still multitasking and watching TV at the same time...... in spite of the many interruptions caused by sporadic thunder and lightning storms all about us. One channel on the Global Network ( which we usually never watch at all ) was still up and running from Saskatoon , Saskatchewan.... some 3000 miles to the west of Quebec.... way out on the Prairies.... so we watched it . All of a sudden they showed a scene where a truck had crashed into a bank and had sped off into the night and interviewing an eyewitness. I jumped out of my chair in shock informing Fluff in a loud voice , " I know that guy ! That's Vic Fortowsky... he was in my class in the minor seminary back in 1951.......56 years ago in Brockville , Ontario ....I centered his sorry butt on the junior all-star hockey team...etc And then the journalist confirmed by adding , " That was Mr Vic Fortowsky and we thank him for his eyewitnes account of events". Immediately afterwards I dragged out my old seminary photo album and there I found the above pic... Vic " Fosdick" Fortowsky on the right with myself on the left.

I haven't laid eyes on Vic since 1952 when he left the seminary but his facial traits ... even though aged.... caught my attention and jogged my memory into overdrive. A real case of " déjà vu " I guess !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment