Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Entry for April 25, 2007 What a Difference Four Days Make !!

Some of you may remember the song , " What a difference a day makes , 24 little hours "? Well , when I awoke this morning and looked outside after spending almost a full day in the basement manning my pumps I realized that the scenario had changed ...... 4 days of out - of - the - ordinary heat had not only brought on the Big Melt , hence the flooding ...... but likewise had transformed the scenery in my backyard and surrounding area. In the picture from April 21st there remain roughly two feet to one yard of snowcover whereas the title photo shows you what it looks like 4 days later. Just a little info for those of my friends who are not used to this kind of weather phenomena.

To those of you who are interested in the final score in the annual aquatic event pitting myself against the Yellow River........... I got the best of the bugger 7 to 1......... and I want to thank all of you who dropped by to cheer me on during the night. Very little water made its way inside...... only a wee bit seeped in through the cracks in the cement floor . Yesterday's fun was just runoff water from the melt ...... when the lakes break up higher up into the hinterland then there could be another major skirmish with our neighbourly creek. However , the break up is quite irregular .... not taking place in all lakes at the same time..... which lessens the threat !

No comments:

Post a Comment